The Indian civilization is the oldest in the world and has a rich heritage of developing different branches of science. Vastu Shastra is one such discipline that developed over the years based on the traditional knowledge gained from studying the nature.
- The entrances to the house, living room, study and the place of worship should face the east.
- Treasure boxes, lockers etc. should open towards the east to promote prosperity.
- It is better to have a staircase or a tank in the west than anything else.
- One could consider having an office here, as a second choice of offices, especially within the house.
- Have the office in the north part of the house or the building for maximum success.
- It is better if there is a slope or elevation on the north side.
- Keep the south direction portion elevated compared to the rest of the house.
- Try keeping a tank or an overhead tank in the south portion.
- Open spaces in the north-eastern direction is a good idea.
- Having a slope in the north-eastern area would be a smart step.
- There should be no underground water tank in the north- west part of the house.
- The kitchen, the dining room and the master bedroom should certainly not be in this direction.
- It is very beneficial to have the kitchen in this direction.
- Any electrical instruments, like TVs, motors, batteries, inverters, home theatre, etc. should be placed on the south- eastern side of the room.
- Rent out the place in the south-west part of your house.
- Do not have any overhead tanks or basements in the south west for it promotes discord.